To close this box and return to the main website, just click anywhere outside the box.
First it is necessary to make mention that there are a number of ways of installing this product. In our opinion the best is to just slip it into the gutter cavity to create a barrier to stop the debris and vermin. Some fix it to the top of the roof (scribe) however we avoided presenting this method here as in most cases it will void the warranty on your roof.
The first illustration is an artist impression of a very suitably installed product.
Before you begin installation, examine your Gutter Guard. It has two surfaces just like a cheese grater. The guard has to be installed so it can allow rain water to flow through making Gutter Guard a good rain water harvester.
This surface allows rainwater to flow throughNo water can flow through this way
Easy installation of Gutter Guard
- Remove all debris from your gutters.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut a 10 cm strip from your Gutter Guard. This will be used as a template.
- Bend one end of the strip to take the height between the roof edge and the base of the gutter, leaving the remainder of the strip to protrude horizontally toward the gutter's outer edge.
- Use this height measurement to place a guide mark on a bench or other flat surface and mark the outer edge - this is the distance from the roof to the base of your gutter where your length of Gutter Guard has to make an L-shaped bend. This L-shaped bend part will sit beneath the edge of your roof.
- Once that is in place, pull your gutter lip slightly away so the length of Gutter Guard can be slid into place over your gutter.